Every summer, the Less Cancer Bike Ride raises money for cancer prevention education and programming that saves life. Cancer affects all of us, and prevention is the best way to reduce the risk of facing a cancer diagnosis. Let’s make a difference.
Join us in pedaling the path to prevention this summer!
Ride Date: June 10, 2023. 8am. Darrow Park.
The Less Cancer Bike Ride is a month-long challenge that encourages rides across the country and around the world to ride in support of cancer prevention. Traverse City is home to the largest Less Cancer Bike Ride on the planet, with dozens of riders helping to raise thousands of dollars. Once you register for this year’s ride, make sure you join our club on Strava for all the details.
Route: 2023 Less Cancer Bike Ride Strava File
On the way back, we’ll stop for water and snacks thanks to our friends at Suttons Bay Bikes! As always, we rely on our site sponsors to help us make events like this happen.
NEW: This year, Less Cancer is encouraging people to take a hike! Go for a ride or get your pals together for a Less Cancer hike, too. Sign up!
This year, Less Cancer is also hosting a concert at Mt. Holiday featuring The Steel Wheels on June 2! Bring the family for a summer evening you won’t soon forget.
Quick Cancer Prevention Facts
- Between 30-50% of types of cancer are preventable.
- Cancer prevention is the most cost-effective strategy for addressing cancer rates.
- 1.6 million Americans are diagnosed with cancer per year.
- 600,000 Americans die of cancer per year.
- The average cost of cancer treatment is $150,000.
- Cancer death rates are approximately 20% higher among residents of the poorest US counties compared to the most affluent.
Stay in the loop. Sign up for “Off the Back” our weekly cycling email.